Elena Kustova is a head of Fluid Dynamics department at Saint Petersburg State University (SPbSU). She graduated from SPbSU (1988), received her PhD (1993) and Doctor of Science degree (2002) in Mechanics in the same university. Since 1993 she works at SPbSU as a researcher, associate professor, professor. Was invited as a visiting professor at the University of Provence Aix-Marseille (France, 1996-2007), the University of Bari (Italy, 2000, 2010), von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics (Belgium, 2014), Federal University of Paraná (Brazil, 2014).
E. Kustova conducts joint scientific research with scientific groups from Italy, France, Belgium, Brazil, USA. During the last years, she was a leader of more than 20 research projects funded by Saint Petersburg State University, Russian Foundation for Basic Research, Russian Science Foundation, European Space Agency.
Author of more than 150 peer-reviewd publications and two books.
- Kinetic theory of transport and relaxation processes in nonequilibrium reacting gases
- Self-consistent mathematical models of nonequilibrium flows
- Heat and mass transfer in planetary entry problems
- Boltzmann and Related Equations
- Kinetic and Transport Theory
- Non-equilibrium Reacting Flows
- Plasma Flows and Processing
- Radiation and Plasma Flows
- Reaction and Relaxation Processes
- Space Vehicle Aerodynamics