Domenico Bruno was born in Napoli Italy. After completing the studies (1997: Laurea in Physics, 2001: PhD in Chemistry), Dr. Bruno has worked as a researcher for the National Research Council of Italy (CNR).
The scientific production includes about 50 papers in peer reviewed journals; technical reports published by ESA Communications (STR-254, STR-256, STR-259, STR-260) resulting from work performed under ESA GSP programme; a book on transport properties of high temperature reacting gas mixtures published by Springer (ISBN 978-1441981714).
- Monte Carlo methods for the kinetic simulation of reacting gas mixtures and collisional plasmas under non-equilibrium conditions;
- Kinetic theory of transport processes in reacting/partially ionised gas mixtures;
- Fluctuations in gases, internal energy exchange collisions and interpretation oflight scattering experiments.
- Boltzmann and Related equations
- DSMC and Related Simulations
- Gas-Surface Interactions
- Kinetic and Transport Theory
- Particle Methods for Flow Simulations
- Plasma Flows and Processing
- Radiation and Plasma Flows
- Reaction and Relaxation Processes
- Space Vehicle Aerodynamics
- A. Panarese, D. Bruno, P. Tolias, S. Ratynskaia, S. Longo, U. de Angelis, Molecular dynamics calculation of the spectral densities of plasma fluctuations, Journal of Plasma Physics 84(3) 905840308 (2018). DOI:10.1017/S0022377818000491.
- Ph. Reynier, G. D’Ammando, D. Bruno, Review: Modelling chemical kinetics and convective heating in giant planet entries, Progress in Aerospace Sciences 96 1-22 (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.paerosci.2017.11.002.
- W. Su, D. Bruno, Y. Babou, State-specific modeling of vibrational relaxation and nitric oxide formation in shock-heated air, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer 32(2) 337-352 (2018). DOI: 10.2514/1.T5271.
- D. Bruno, A. Frezzotti, G.P. Ghiroldi, Rayleigh-Brillouin scattering in molecular Oxygen by CT-DSMC simulations, European Journal of Mechanics – B/Fluids 64 8- 16 (2017). DOI: 10.1016/j.euromechflu.2016.12.007
- C.M. Coppola, G. Mizzi, D. Bruno, F. Esposito, D. Galli, F. Palla, S. Longo, State- to-state vibrational kinetics of H2 and H2+ in a post-shock cooling gas with primordial composition, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 457 3732-3742 (2016). DOI: 10.1093/mnras/stw198.